Thursday, January 8, 2015

LONELINESS

     Such a sad word when you depend on other people to make you happy!
Sometimes you feel like nobody cares.  You think that if they don't call you or
write to you, it's because they don't love you.  Think about it for a minute!  Do
you ever feel guilty of doing the same thing?  Do you call these same people
sometimes and tell them that you love them?  No, because you are so busy
feeling sorry for yourself that you forget that they are also human and feel the
same way you do when you never get in touch with them.
     I am guilty!!  I am guilty of not calling more or writing more because I am too
busy feeling sorry for myself.
     You cannot depend on other people to make you happy.  If you do, you will be
sadly disappointed.  You have to find your own happiness with God and within
yourself.
     From now on,  I promise myself  that I will call more and write more because
I don't want anyone to feel the way I feel.
     I remember a story that I read about a teenager in school.  One day he felt so
down and so lonely that at the end of the day he emptied his locker.  As he was
walking home with his arms full of books, all of a sudden the books fell to the
ground.  Another student saw him and bent down to help him pick them up. 
They started walking together talking and laughing and before they parted they
agreed to get together sometime. 
     They soon became friends.  A few years later they graduated and that's when
he told his friend that the day they met he had emptied his locker because he was
planning to go home to commit suicide.
     So, you see, a stranger's act of kindness saved him.   Please, never deny anyone
a smile or an act of kindness.  It will mean more to them than you could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment